Hello Beautiful People,
This is another weekly check-in on progress that I am making toward all of my creative projects. I have to admit that it is challenging to be productive in the summertime. It is sunny outside and the warmth in the air makes it conducive to lounging about and being decadently lazy. I’ve done some of that, but there is always a small voice in my head telling me to get up and do what I do.
I’ve been doing lots of creative work despite the sun and her temptations. Let’s run this down . . .
1. I have started a new art piece. I’ll post a photo of my progress every week on these updates. It will be glacial in its formation.
Check out the first photo:
2. My blog, Tropical Shade of Green, is my way of practicing my writing and laying out my thoughts in an engaging and concise way. Here are links to my most recent posts. (This first one is particularly valuable.)
3. I am an avid book reader, and much of my time this summer has been spent getting lost in several writings. I just finished the first book in the His Dark Materials Series by Philip Pullman called The Golden Compass. Before I tackle the next book in that trilogy, I am currently reading this:
4. As I reported last week, the music from my first album Seahorses is now available on Bandcamp in a “pay what you want” format. You can download the songs for free or pay a nominal amount that would go toward funding my musical pursuits. Here is the link:
5. I have an annual show that I do in my home in the woods. It is called Roque’s Piano Salon, and it will feature local performers and all three of my pianos. There will be food and refreshments. This is a private event, but if you are interested in going, please let me know in the comments. This is the event flyer:
Well, that’s all I have to report on my end.
Until next week, be kind and generous to yourselves and each other.